Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Anti-nationalist?

I prefer Beethoven’s Ninth over Raag Darbari, Catherine Zeta-Jones over Kajol, Groucho Marx over Asrani, O’Henry' stories over those by Premchand, Peter Hamilton's SF over Amish's. I adore Pink Floyd, Elton John, The Beatles, Abba, Neil Diamond. 

I cherish the epic Mahabharata. Unfortunately, the tacky TV format does no justice to this legend; I prefer the TV series - Game of Thrones. Likewise, for me, Jesus Christ Superstar scores over the dramatization of Ramayana. 

Does that make me anti-national? 

Conversely, I prefer Dev Anand over Gregory Peck, Sunny Leone over Pamela Anderson, subzi-roti over burgers or pizza, asha bhonsle over Adele.

I love India and can make 'subversive' statements like these. This is democracy. The rabble-rousers at JNU should never forget this right to freedom of speech in India that they have. I will never make seditious statements wanting to dismember this country; nor will I glorify executed terrorists

Can these 'liberals' living in comfort on the tax-payers' money visualize living in a banana republic like North Korea (although that miserable county should be labelled a banana-peel republic)

Frankly, these left-leaning 'intellectuals' infesting JNU and TISS deserve to be sent there to experience the drudgery of living in hellish conditions of the totalitarian state. Free speech? They won't get even a single 'square' meal!

3 comments: