Sunday, July 16, 2023

Endymion by Dan Simmons

 

Endymion (Hyperion Cantos #3)Endymion by Dan Simmons
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

The grand epic continues to thrill with its gripping trans-world adventure/quest and the consequent chase across the Universe. The escapades of Bettik, Raul and Aenea through the mysterious Farcaster network reminded me of Ozzy’s voyage of discovery across the equally mystical Silfen Paths in the The Commonwealth Saga by Peter F Hamilton. Some memorable bits
I was not surprised to wake up alive. I suppose one is surprised only when one awakens dead.
Love is a basic force of the universe, like gravity and electromagnetism, like strong and weak nuclear force… The old poet described love as
“the subquantum impossibility that carried information/from photon to photon…”
The rollicking climatic battle is just the ideal icing on the cake. Jumping into the concluding part right away...

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment