Thursday, December 9, 2021

Murakami T: The T-Shirts I Love

Murakami T: The T-Shirts I LoveMurakami T: The T-Shirts I Love by Haruki Murakami
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Murakami at his whackiest. This sleek, stylish book is an ideal gift for the die-hard Murakami fan. Printed on silken, creamy-smooth paper with glossy photos, it has no eerie bits but gives a glimpse of the author’s life – dawdling in book stores, browsing for jazz records, delving into T-Shirt stores, lazing around and generally enjoying the fruits of his labours. This is vintage Murakami:
Especially late at night, when I’m alone and listening to music, whiskey seems the perfect accompaniment. Beer’s a little too watery, wine’s a bit too refined, a martini too pretentious, brandy too mellow. The only choice is to bring out a bottle of whiskey

descriptionWho can stay calm while reading the weird work of Murakami? Can the reader maintain his/her sanity while traveling in parallel dimensions, dwelling in wells and pits? His ear fetish, obsession with cats and female breasts are the theme running through his yarns.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment