Friday, August 17, 2012

Weighing Scales

There is an almost animal magnetism that attracts people to weighing scales.

Some Tom, Dick, Harry, Ramu, Shyamu, Ahmad, Sunita, Anita, Priya on seeing a freely accessible weighing scale anywhere around the world, will just jump onto it in a jiffy - as if his/her life depended on being weighed promptly. This is followed by an inane comment "I weigh the same as I did two hours ago"; "I've gained one kilo in the last twenty minutes"; "Oh, I've lost 1 gram since my marriage".


No permission is taken to use the machine - it's considered a constitutional right to get weighed; I wonder if a petition has submitted to have 'getting weighed'  included in the UN Charter of Human Rights.

Why don't people get their temperature measured with the same alacrity? Why don't women get their skull circumference naapoed without as much as a by your leave? Why don't men get their nail growth assessed five times a day? 

You never see people maniacally queuing up for free flatulence emission control certificates?

4 comments:

  1. i have bought my own scale to check my weight at different times of the day! before meals.....after meals.....etc

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for giving me information about Weighing scale. your blog is very helpful and appreciable. Healthgenie offers many types of Weighing scale
    .you can purchase Healthgenie product and get affective discount.

    ReplyDelete